Thursday, August 15, 2013

CSA Share Week 10

Here we are in Week 10 of  Geauga Family Farms CSA share..   

Saturday morning, I hit the ground running and havnt stopped until today, which is Thursday..
I'll share more about where I've been and what I've been doing later but I must at least get the CSA weekly share up.  (I pick up my next share on Saturday morning.. 2 days away!) 

So here is the most beautiful share of the week..  



Is this a beauty or what?   M'honey has been eating the peaches out of hand,  Im in the middle of making Watermelon Rind Pickles right now, the lettuce & tomatoes have been salads and Im going to make a batch of Cauliflower Bisque today. 

I'm thinking about roasting an organic chicken www.pellegrinopastures.com/ with those beautiful potatoes & squash..  Yum!!  

 I made pickled peppers 2 ways from these peppers and some more that I got on a Farm Tour on Saturday but I'll share them in another post. 

Hark.. the Blackberries are lost in the sea of veggies in my frig..  I'll have to find them & make them breakfast. :) 

The beets will join another batch for either simply boiled beets, roasted beets, or borscht. I've been wanting to make borscht for a while & just havent done it..  Perhaps the time has come. :) 

Have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good!

    I've never hear of pickled watermelon rind. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CSA share looks exceptionally nice and from the descriptions you've provided, I can tell there is a week of good eating to be had in your home. I hope your weekend is off to a great spot. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete